- For creating new pathways around obstacles be they physical, emotional, energetic, or otherwise.
- For disguising your true intent, subterfuge, and evasion. In short; for lying and hiding. Especially useful for evading toxic people and/or preventing hurt feelings. However, when used to mask a lie, the target may not be able to get a read on you at all, which, for some folks of an empathetic bent, could be just as off-putting. We (mostly) don’t encourage lying, but we know that sometimes it can be helpful. Y’all do y’all.
- For redirecting or putting an end to obsessive or harmful relationships you no longer wish to have. This spirit likes to help victims of unhealthy relationships and does so by severing ties and obscuring your energy so that, when they think of you, they get distracted and think of something else, and vice versa. For this purpose, we anoint our pointer finger with the oil and imagine the person standing in front of us. Then we draw a slow, deliberate cross with the anointed finger, feeling the oil separating our auras. We do this in the four directions, and above and below. Every time we start thinking of them again, we repeat the ritual.
- Strong benevolent protector vibes: this spirit has got your back
- For hiding yourself, dodging curses, or throwing others off your trail, for redirecting energy.
- For finding a way to get you to the things you want. Over, under, around, or through; if you want something, it can usually find a way to get you there.
- Anoint resumes, and use before interviews to clear the pathway to the job.
- For traffic magic, keep it in the car and connect with this spirit when you need to get out of a traffic jam. Sounds weird, but it consistently works.
- Made with organic extra virgin olive oil, dirt and plants from the crossroads, gold leaf, and high quality essential oils of frankincense and myrrh
When three bald eagles lead you to a suburban Seattle crossroads in the middle of the day by gliding just a few feet over your head, directly after a Jupiterian working to increase the flow of joy and abundance, you remember that crossroads. And so it was, after this superbly synchronicitous and strange event, that we met the playful, powerful spirit who guided us to make this oil.
It was a beautiful night, crisp and windy, the full moon grinning from her throne as she watched us, clad in white, sometime after midnight. We let the crossroads spirit move through us, as we allowed it to perform the ritual of assembling the oil.
We took dirt from the center and the four corners of the crossroads, and leaves from the plants in the center. Offering tobacco and crossing the four cardinal directions circling the center as we built the oil. The wind was alternating between deathly still and gale-force gusts as we went, seeming to coincide with the invocations of the plant and dirt spirits we added to the large glass jar. The energy in the ritual space was electric.
We let the oil rest and percolate hidden away inside a bush in the center of the crossroads for a full lunar cycle, never leaving our minds for more than a day or two as we both knew straight away that this one would be extraordinary.
After a full lunation, I brought a vial with me to work and noticed that traffic was freakishly sparse for 4:30 pm on a Friday. I was surprised when I arrived at work 10 minutes early instead of my usual 2-5 minutes late.
Later that week, the wind was blowing hard enough to break trees and uproot stop signs, and storms were all anyone could talk about as the news was running constant coverage of a weather pattern they termed, the “bomb cyclone.”
Around 2am we decided to get out of the house and go for a short walk around the block. When we reached the end of our street, we both had the same thought; it feels like we should go to the crossroads, but it also feels like we shouldn’t go to the crossroads. The wind was explosive, blasting straight down at us from the street leading to the crossroads as if it was trying to turn us away.
On we pressed, through the steadily building, electric, nervous tension and the increasing winds until we arrived at our crossroads. I offered tobacco and tea as I usually do, and was told in no uncertain terms to dump out all I had of both. It then became very clear to each of us that we needed to bring a vial of the oil, preferably the first vial poured, and leave it as an offering. The moment we agreed to bring the oil the winds dropped to nothing, the silence was overwhelming, and the cold, nervous electricity was replaced by a warm, welcoming vibe.
We left for home straight away, immensely relieved that we still had the first vial of the oil at home on our altar. We returned to the crossroads and were told immediately that the vial should remain sealed and be buried whole. That this would act as a beacon or antenna to connect this place+spirit with all the vials poured, and with all future crossroads oils, whether made at this crossroads or any others.
In testing, this oil has provided countless new opportunities including new homes, job offers, and the chance to start our own business. It has cleared the way to a better life and cleared the way through many-a Seattle traffic jam. This oil feels like a one-stop-shop kind of oil; if you’re looking for something that you could use as an all-purpose life enhancer to boost your magic, protect yourself, and open paths to better opportunities, then look no further. When it comes down to it, isn't all magic road-opening magic?
And so, we present to you our flagship offering; The Crossroads Oil. May it open paths to joy and abundance, and obfuscate those which lead to harm.
We breathe life into all of our oils, thus creating a living spirit whose sole purpose is to get bottled up, shipped out, and employed by you. The oils are living beings, and they are excited to work with you.
How to use: We’ve found the best practice is to sit with each vial individually, connect with the mind, and ask how it can best augment your life or a particular circumstance you would like to work on, and go from there. We find these spirits to be eager, adaptable and responsive.
Some of the ways we have used these oils: Anointing objects to use as talismans or magical tools, keeping the bottles with us and closed to receive their radiated energy, placing on altars as batteries or for boosting their particular qualities in your workings or living space, anointing ourselves to attune our energies to those of the spirit of the oils, and anointing candles to anchor the energies of the oil into the space.
Price is for one half ounce vial.
The second and third photos are of the actual crossroads where this was made. Feel free to make offerings of tobacco and tea! They love it.And if you happen to be in the Wedgwood neighborhood of Seattle, the crossroads is located at 30th Ave NE and NE 88th Ave. Say "hello" for us!